Glenbrook is a friendly and professional environment in which to begin or to move forward in your career.
As part of The Spencer Academies Trust, we regularly recruit for teachers, teaching assistants and for support roles in school.
For vacancies across the Trust, including at Glenbrook, see here.
Train to Teach
As a member of The Spencer Academies Trust, Glenbrook is able to support a range of entry routes for new teaching entrants.
Initial Teacher Training in schools (SCITT training) is offered through the Trust training hub hosted at the George Spencer Academy in Nottingham. George Spencer Academy has been named by the ‘Good Teacher Training Guide’ as one of the top 10 teacher training providers in the country and the second best primary teacher training institute nationally.
The George Spencer Academy SCITT offers unrivalled support, professional guidance and proven track record in producing highly employable, fully trained teachers. More information is available here.
Staff Wellbeing Offer
As a Spencer Academies Trust school, Glenbrook adopts national guidance on standards for teaching and support staff.
The Spencer Academies Trust aims to be an employer of choice within the East Midlands. We recognise that meeting our recruitment and retention targets depends on creating a leading support offer, which promotes staff wellbeing and allows colleagues to access opportunities including staff discount programmes.
The staff wellbeing package is open to all colleagues and includes:
- Sector competitive pay
- Defined benefit pensions
- Performance related pay and recognition of additional responsibilities
- Annual cost of living adjustment
- Death in service payment
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Support with parking levy and ancillary costs where appropriate
Additional benefits negotiated for staff include:
- Access to private healthcare provision, comprising discounted access to cash plan private healthcare and a 25% reduction in cost for Westfield Health
- Access to the ‘Perkbox’ employee engagement platform, offering staff discounts from hundreds of external partners, access to an Employee Assistance Programme, and 24/7 counselling and support
- Free of charge access to a Financial Advisor comprising mortgage, savings, pensions and other financial advisory services, and including out of hours access
- Technology salary sacrifice scheme, including national insurance savings to employees of up to 12%
- Car affinity scheme
- Employee car ownership scheme
- Mobile phone tariff, allowing employees to access the corporate mobile phone tariff and managed on a payroll deduction basis
- Access to flu jabs and seasonal health support
Flexible working patterns and adjustment to core working practices may be offered to eligible colleagues by agreement. For further information on the staff wellbeing and support offer, please see the staff handbook.
Members of the Local Governing Body
Outstanding governance is central to the success of Spencer academies, helping to set the direction of our schools and providing the supportive challenge needed to provide an outstanding quality of education.
The local governing body (LGB) at Glenbrook Spencer Academy is made up of representative members of the school community including parent and community governors. Chosen for a mixture of skills and competencies, LGB members play an important role which includes supporting the Board of Directors with their broader responsibility for governance across the Spencer Academies Trust.
Together, we deliver on the Spencer Academies Trust mission: to provide an outstanding quality of education and improve the life chances of children across the East Midlands.